Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) is a youth leadership organization formed over 50 years ago by the actor Hugh O’Brian. HOBY seminars take place in every state across the country and are designed to help high school sophomores recognize their leadership talents and apply them to be effective, ethical leaders.
HOBY Ambassadors are selected and registered by their school counselors. If you are a sophomore who would like to attend HOBY, please speak with your school counselor for information on your school’s eligibility requirements. Registration is completed by school personnel online at www.hoby.org.
To inspire and develop our global community of youth and volunteers to a life dedicated to leadership, service and innovation.
To motivate and empower individuals to make a positive difference within our global society through understanding and action based on effective and compassionate leadership.
- Volunteerism – Volunteerism is the heart and soul of our organization. We appreciate the myriad contributions of our volunteers, and recognize the power of thank you and of giving back. We seek to promote and encourage service among our stakeholders. We recognize and value the positive accomplishments that volunteers can achieve by working together. We believe that volunteers are positively impacted by our programs as much as the youth and communities we serve.
- Integrity – Integrity forms the foundation of our organization. We demand the highest level of ethics. We grow our organization based on interactions that promote mutual trust and respect with our stakeholders and partners. We strive to ensure the highest level of organizational effectiveness by continually reviewing our programs and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Excellence – We strive to continually raise our programs and business to new levels of excellence. We encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in business, education, and social responsibility. We develop creative solutions to address challenges and to utilize opportunities. We believe that leadership skills can and should be continually improved and refined.
- Diversity – We value and embrace diversity. We seek out views that reflect all walks of life, and reflect those views in our programs. We are sensitive to the special needs and diverse backgrounds of individuals. We give all individuals an equal opportunity to be heard and to benefit from our programs.
- Community Partnership – We value community partnerships. We recognize the importance of working with community organizations to strengthen our supportive network. We value the input we receive from our community partners, and strive to work together cooperatively and constructively for the betterment of all.